Monday, June 24, 2013

Writer's Notebook





Here it is, my newly purchased writer's notebook for the summer of 2013.  It is day one of Kate Messner's Teacher's Write.  It is an on-line virtual summer writing camp of mini-lessons, inspiration and guidance that Kate along with Jo Knowles, Gae Polisner and Jen Vincent guide us who want to improve on our writing and craft. 

I had very few journals to choose from at the local bookstore, but I needed to purchase one to keep at pace with my summer goal, and day one's assignment.  I couldn't fall behind on day one.  As I look more closely at the cover; the key, heart, flowers and the word "dream" in the lower with hand corner, it symbolizes my goals as a writer. I want to unlock my heart and write what is inside of me.  I want my writing to bloom and transform like a flower,  and I dream of the possibilities that await me.  As I take on the task of daily writing I will focus on myself and think of my students and the challenges I ask them to tackle everyday.  I am eager to learn, reflect and grow in my daily writing. 




1 comment:

  1. I love your new notebook. I went shopping for a new one today, too. I looked but did not fall in love. It's not like I needed one anyway--I have a gazillion. I bought new markers instead. I want to play with color in my words. Best wishes with Teachers Write. Your blog looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete