Monday, June 4, 2012

Making Time...to Write



Making time to write.  It's just like making time to read, exercise and to eat healthy.  Starting something new is always the most difficult for me.  Once I get started I get on a roll, for a while, and then it's maintaining a routine that again becomes a challenge.  It's so easy to make excuses or find things I just HAVE to do.  I am hoping that joining this team of teachers for Writing Camp with Kate Messner will be the motivator I need to begin writing. Writing. Writing daily. Writing for me and writing so I can be a better writing teacher.  I have my colleague and friend who I know I can look to for support and my new Twitter friends who are passionate and encouraging about reading and writing.

I am committing to 15 minutes a day of writing. Because I have never been a writer I'm not sure if I will have better thoughts and output in the morning or night.  I have the flexiblity during the summer, so I WILL make it work.  I am excited to embark on this #teacherswrite adventure and know I will learn so much about myself and writing.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment