Friday, May 10, 2013

Foto Friday ~ Self Timer & Trimming Tool

 

In learning how to maximize my understanding and correct usage of operating my Nikon D3200 to the best of my ability, I have decided to take it S-L-O-W. Each week I will focus on one or two camera features (depending on the complexity). I will read information and practice using the feature(s) in my picture taking.


Week #4 ~ Point and Shoot Photography
                ~  Self -Timer
                ~ Trim Tool

I am seldom in pictures since I am usually the one behind the camera taking the photos.  I took time to familiarize myself with the self-timer feature, so I could capture family and class pictures that include me :).  It was so much fun running and posing in pictures with my kids and students.  Although I definitely prefer NOT to be in the photos.

My self-timer pictures were taken after I placed the camera on a sturdy surface (no tripod). I had 10 seconds to quickly find a spot with the others posing. When setting up the shot, looking through the view finder could be tricky.  My face was often twisted and squished against the surface.  I had to manipulate how to look through the viewfinder to be sure all subjects fit in the frame.  I was successful in including the people, but the centering was off, and extra items also seemed to just appear in the pictures. I know that a tripod would benefit when trying to take self-timed pictures or if I decide to get serious about photography. However, my real goal is to become a better amateur photographer. :)

Flipping through the photos which I jumped into clearly needed help.  I decided it was time to learn another feature on my camera, the editing mode, specifically the trim tool.  I manipulated most pictures by zooming in and centering the people.  They are not the best shots, but sometimes we have to sacrifice getting a great shot and just be part of the fun.

I am so glad I chose to learn about my camera in a slow and prescribed manner.  Passion Time is allowing me the time to read, explore, learn, and retain information about my camera that I never would have done.  Power to Passion Project!


 
 




 

Until next week . . . Smile :) Sonria :)

3 comments:

  1. I like that you are taking baby-steps, onto learning about how take pictures on your camera, and about the different modes.
    My friend in Ms. Gowen's class heard the ticks of the timer, and I told her that you were taking pictures of us. (I already told her about the Passion Project) I really like your blog, and keep it up!

    ~Meghana :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Meghana. You are a great students and a great support. :) What does your friend think about the Passion Project?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She thinks that it's a great idea.

      ~Meghana :D

      Delete