Monday, May 6, 2013

Foto Friday (Monday)**

In learning how to maximize my understanding and the correct usage of operating my Nikon D3200 to the best of my ability, I have decided to take it s-l-o-w. Each week I will focus on one or two camera features (depending on the complexity). I will read information and practice using the feature(s) in my picture taking.


Week #3 ~ Point and Shoot Photography
                ~ Auto mode and scene modes with zoom lens

I was excited to try my attachable zoom lens and be able to get right up close with the subject even when I was physically far away.  My regular lens ranges from 18mm - 55mm.  My zoom lens starts at 55mm and extends to 200mm.

When using a camera where the zoom is build in I never really knew the lens size I was using when taking distance shots.  I zoomed in and out until it looked good in the frame and snapped the picture.  Now that I have two lens I need to be aware of the type of shots I will be taking and the distance and range of pictures I intend to captured so I will attach the correct lens (or I could carry both lens and switch lens, but that seems like extra work). 

Having removable lens with varying distances I really need to know and understand the range when taking pictures. I experimented with my zoom lens.  I learned that taking pictures in the classroom or at a town parade do lend it self to a zoom lens.  I had to stand further back from my subjects to fit all of the detail into the frame.  I am thinking that a ceremony,  graduation or concert would be ideal when you can not get close enough to the subject, but you want the closest picture possible.

I still don't feel like I have good feel of when would be the best time for me to us the zoom lens in everyday situations.  I look forward to practicing and becoming more in tune with estimating the distance I should set my camera at when taking photos.

Below are pictures taken during the 2013 Spring Festival.  We had loads of fun and there was plenty of activity to capture on film.











** I am publishing this entry today because of Screen Free Week.


Until next week . . . Smile :) Sonria :)

No comments:

Post a Comment