Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Escape

Tuesday Slice of Life Challenge ...
I am excited to explore my newest passion, writing,
with slicers from Two Writing Teachers.





I always look forward to a low key Spring Break. Our week is usually spontaneous and relaxing. We catch the Boston Marathon on Monday and then see what other activities will occupy our time during the week. I enjoy being unscheduled. I enjoy the reading, walks to town, just hanging out and the chance to just get up and go with no urgency or sense of time. With that being said, there is no denying that I also feel the need to "escape". An escape from the typical, from the every day routine of work, home, cook, clean, errands, activities, repeat five days a week. Even spending days off at home, there is the pull of laundry, cleaning, cooking etc. My ultimate escape is the ocean. The sand, the water, the beach. Ahh! We were so fortunate that my sister offered her Cape house for the second weekend of our Spring Break.

As soon as I stepped on to the sand, my feet sank, my body relaxed and my heart filled with joy. I can't put into words how the ocean pulls me into another world. It creates a sense of calmness, peace and tranquility. Walking along the shore I came across this design of shells and it spoke exactly to what I was feeling.


It didn't matter that it was 48 degrees and windy. My hood covered my ears and my down jacket wrapped around my body keeping the chill away. The sun was shining, there was an ocean breeze, the waves were crashing, and that makes me feel like I'm in a DREAM.

Three days of escaping to the beach allows the leisure of time. Time to lounge in the morning with a cup of coffee. Hours of playing games and dancing to music with the kids. A stretch of the day reading. Daily walks to collect sea shells. The ease of eating out and being served. My escape to the beach was the perfect way to end a week, and I look forward to my next escape to the beach, even if it's just for a day trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment