Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Smile

Tuesday Slice of Life Challenge ...
I am excited to explore my newest passion, writing,
with slicers from Two Writing Teachers.






Working my passions...I finally took the financial plunge and dropped a substantial chunk of money on one of my passions. For as long as I can remember I have had a camera and  have loved taking pictures.  I am the annoying one snapping candids and calling to people to “smile”, trying to capture the  perfect picture at a memorable event.  For years I have wanted to take my camera clicking to a new level and get a "real" camera. Finally, after much researching 35mm SLR cameras, I decided to go with the Nikon D3200.

 
I literally know nothing of “real” photography language and its meanings. Speed? Aperture? I have a lot of reading and experimenting to do, and I am looking forward to every minute of it. I also know I will be driving my kids, family, friends and students batty with my new “toy”.

 
In school, I am beginning to implement "The Passion Project" with my students. It is a time designated for the students to learn and engage in what interests them.  We have discussed what drives us, how we learn best, passion, interests, and projects. Students are at the phase of the project where they are determining how they want to spend their time and energy to gain knowledge.  I am participating along side the students during our designated times twice a week to model learning with a passion, persevering through the "boring", or difficult times and demonstrate various learning tools. As the students, I am setting up a plan of how I will spend my time during Passion Project. I have manuals, books to read, a CD to learn from and I am taking an on-line class to guide me in gaining skills. In addition to research, I will practice the art of photography by taking lots of pictures. I will have fabulous subjects right at my finger tips.

 
Of course, I will be spending numerous hours outside of class time to practice my passion, but when life gets in my way, I will have the Passion Project to rely on and further pursue knowledge on picture taking.  My hope is for my students to share the same enthusiasm and desire to learn.




My first two photos with my new Nikon D3200...auto setting.
As I learn and practice I will share new photos.

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea! I think it is important to have a variety of passions in life and be willing to try new things throughout life. What a great way to model this for your class. Good for you! Great pics, by the way!

    ReplyDelete