Tuesday, April 2, 2013

They Grow So Fast

My first Tuesday Slice of Life Challenge ...I am excited to explore my newest passion, writing, with slicers from Two Writing Teachers.





April showers bring May flowers. It also brings April Fool's Day, the Boston Marathon, April vacation, warmer weather and my son's birthday. In just 3 days he will be double digits, the big 1-0. It 's hard to believe. Time really does fly by when you're having fun, parenting. The day he was born in Guatemala, I was moving into our new home in Massachusetts. Coincidence? I'm not so sure. Each year when celebrating his birthday, we also honor his adoption story. I remember everything from "the phone call", his pictures, the preparing, the waiting and w-a-i-t-i-n-g, the traveling to Guatemala, the very first time he was placed in my arms and his arrival home on Christmas Eve 2003, as if it were yesterday. I share tales from our time in Guatemala; his meeting his buddy Sammy in the lobby of the hotel before he met me, his crying from wearing shoes that were too small, eating eggs for breakfast and squash for dinner from Mimi's plate, driving in Roberto's truck without a car or seat belt to visit Antigua. We love the reminiscing and the making of new memories.

Each year he grows taller, smarter, wiser. He makes me so proud. Proud of his hard work in school, playing the cello and participating in sports, exploring new things, but mostly for being a boy of character. He's kind, caring, thoughtful, helpful, grateful, and responsible. Could I ask for anything more? Everyday I am thankful for being blessed with my amazing son. I love you, Charlie. To infinity and beyond!
.

4 comments:

  1. Your son sounds like the light of your life. I understand that. What a great story of his birth and the journey to become part of your family.
    So glad you have joined the Tuesday group too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your love for your son really shines in this post! I hope someday you show it to him. I'm glad you are continuing to slice on Tuesdays! (By the way, thank you for all the comments you left for my students in March!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jennifer.

    Slicing with my students was a great learning experience for all of us. I enjoyed reading and commenting on posts.

    ReplyDelete