Friday, April 19, 2013

Foto Friday

In learning how to maximize my understanding and the correct usage of operating my Nikon D3200 to the best of my ability,  I have decided to take it s-l-o-w. Each week I will focus on one or two camera features (depending on the complexity). I will read information and practice using the feature(s) in my picture taking.


Week #1 ~ Point and Shoot Photography 
               ~ Auto mode

My first exploration in using my camera I took shots of people, places and things that were present and looked interesting. I did not look for shots or put much thought into the background, sunlight, or shadows.  I wanted to get a feel of holding the camera in my hands.  I experimented with holding the camera in landscape and portrait position, and with the distance I was from the subject.

As much I was tempted to edit with cropping I decided I wanted my first photos to be untouched, so I could reflect on ways to improve and have evidence of my growth.

I enjoy looking at and critiquing my photos. I can see a number of flaws in the pictures. My observations help me plan the improvements that should be made.  Now, I have have an idea of what to look for and what to avoid as I continue on my photography journey. 



Photo Prompt - Signage


Huck

First Sandbox Play of the Season
 
Performing on the Town Commons
 
A Walk Around the Neighborhood

Flowers for Mommy

The Best Big Brother
Charlie teaching Helena to ride her bike

Shooting Hoops

Charlie


Smile :)   Sonria :)






No comments:

Post a Comment