Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Poetry On the Beach

                      
The forecast called for 88 degrees, humid and scattered clouds, so we decided to take a micro- adventure to Wingaersheek Beach. The tide was going out, therefore it would be a great day to search for creatures in the tide pools, climb the rocks and walk out to the sandbar. We found a spot on the very narrow strip of sand and then waited for the sun to arrive.  Before I can even venture towards the cold water of the North Shore I must get really hot. I sat comfortably on the soft sand, waiting for the blazing sun to do its work, and took out my journal to write. These two poems were inspired by my surroundings.


 

Here comes the
sun
the sensational
sun
my skin
my soul
soaks up
the shining
sunshine.
Satisfied
and smiling


*************************************
                          
Rats
with wings.
Birds that hover
and stare
with their beady eyes
waiting for the perfect
moment
to snatch
from you
and escape by flight.
Scavengers
bold
a nuisance
 
 
Seagulls
 
*******************************************



1 comment:

  1. Ms. Kilpatrick,
    I love your poem about the seagulls. I hope you had a great time on the beach!

    Your 2012-2013 student,
    Meghana B.

    ReplyDelete