Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Sunset


Join slicers at Two Writing Teachers
every Tuesday for the Slice of Life Challenge ...


 
Tonight I saw the most beautiful night sky as I was traveling home from a micro-vacation. I was fortunate the roads were clear so I could watch the changing sky without battling traffic.  My words do not capture the beauty or give justice to the sight of a beautiful sunset...


Dusk approaches and
a dome of gray clouds
cover the Earth.
My eye descend toward he horizon
my imagination takes over as I see
White sandbars stretch across the sky
rays of color glimmer
wispy clouds become
pink and blue cotton candy.
and soft yellow feathers of a bird,
Upon the mounds of vanilla ice cream
An orange falling below the horizon
splashing its juice of delicious color as it says
farewell.
Black clouds and blue sky 
bid us goodnight.
A sweet
sensational
sunset 
from our star 
The Sun




3 comments:

  1. I love the alliteration in your last lines - A sweet, sensational sunset...
    I also love the imagery of the orange splashing its juice of delicious color. You showed me your sunset!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our words and even our photos fail us because you just can't capture the actual "being there" of natural wonders! But your words are so descriptive I could visualize it perfectly - I love: "wispy clouds become pink and blue cotton candy" Great piece!

    ReplyDelete